Job hunting is a skill, and like any skill, there are tools for the job. The tools that a Job Magnet needs include a LinkedIn profile, a resume that leads to an interview, and interview skills that lead to the job.
For this reason, I’ve developed my very own Job Magnets Toolkit containing:
- Keyword lists
- Résumé templates
- Cover letter samples
- My interview skills workbook
- My 30 day job seeker challenge available via Amazon
- My Mastering LinkedIn ebook available vis BookBoon
- My blog, especially those under the Job Magnets category
- My Pinterest boards on everything job hunting
- My Tagboard with tweets using the #jobfairy.
In addition, I’ve compiled some useful links for veterans transitioning into civilian life.
Visit the keyword lists page
Free Résumé templates
Free cover letter samples
Visit Cover Letters pages
Free interview skills workbook
A job interview is the last hurdle between you and the job you want, so it pays to be prepared.
This free 28 page workbook takes you through my 5 step process to interview success.
Did you know that in 2012:
– 93% of recruiters used LinkedIn to recruit for permanent and temporary jobs
– 77% of all job openings were posted on LinkedIn and 48% were ONLY posted there
This means that if you are looking for work, then you need to leverage the power of LinkedIn. But, like any computer application, using it well is part art, part science. This free eBook will:
– Teach you how to set up and optimise your LinkedIn profile – your online CV.
– Show you 11 ways or places that you can find new contacts. This will help you strategically build up a network of contacts at the companies that you are interested in working for.
– Show you 5 places on LinkedIn where you can find jobs.
– Show you how to set up email alerts for jobs, so that you hear about them as early as possible.
– Provide you with a simple checklist to sure make that you have everything covered.
This book doesn’t guarantee that you’ll get your ideal job, that’s up to you, but it will help you in your quest to find it!
My 30 day challange is available to buy from Amazon. If you use Kindle Unlimited, then you can read it for free…
Over 30 days you’ll develop a range of skills that will help you to get the job that you want:
• resume writing skills
• personal branding
• where to find jobs
• using LinkedIn
• cover letters
• preparing for interview.
Everything you need to get a job in the current market.
In the last few weeks, I've written a few blog posts about preparing for that all important job interview. However, there is one question that many people fear, and that is the weaknesses question. Who likes acknowledging what they're not good at, their flaws,...
"Manners are boring!" declared my little boy at dinner. "Ok", I said, "But what happens when you say please and thank you?" After a moment's thought, my little one realised "I get what I want" Explaining good manners to a young child is fairly easy. To them, it's...
It's a common question used at interview, but many people vastly undersell themselves when answering it. So let's stop you being one of them. Aim of the question: To ascertain whether you actually know what your strengths are To see if those strengths align with what...