LinkedIn provides the option of including 3 website links on your LinkedIn profile. For small business owners, these should be thought of in terms of your overall social media strategy, and so should include:
- your company website homepage
- your Facebook business page
- a blog if you have one, or link to another business-related account e.g. Pinterest
NB: There is a separate section for your Twitter account public and LinkedIn profile. Your current employer should be a link to your LinkedIn company page.
An example of a potential list of websites is shown below:
- Logon to your LinkedIn account
- In profile, select “Edit Profile”
- Scroll down to the “Additional Information” section.
- Click on “Edit”, to the right of the Additional Information
- Select “Other:”
- Enter a “Website Title”
NB You can enter up 30 characters in the [Website Title]. This means you can type in “Facebook” and then add your Facebook page URL, or use it to personalise the URL link e.g. My ebooks for Sale
- Next add the website URL
The new version of LinkedIn does away with the “Additional Information” screen, and the information is now found in the Contact Info section.
- Click on [Edit Contact Info]
- click on the pen icon to the right of the websites field name
When finished, click on [Done Editing].