When you set up your LinkedIn account, LinkedIn will provide you with a URL made up of letter and numbers for your public profile. You can the add this to documents such as your business card. This URL can be personalised so that it looks more professional. Here’s how to create a personalised URL on LinkedIn:
- Logon to LinkedIn
- Click on [Profile] and choose [Edit Profile]
- Now, to the right of “Public Profile”, click on “Edit”
The screen will change and you will see the public profile options.
- Under “Your public profile URL” on the right-hand side, click on “Customize your public profile URL”
The following message box appears:
- You can now create a customised URL by typing it in e.g. your name
Note from LinkedIn: “Your custom URL must contain 5 – 30 letters or numbers. Please do not use spaces, symbols, or special characters”
- When you have finished, click on [Set Custom URL]
You now have your own customised LinkedIn URL.
This is training session now available on You tube:
I hope you found this useful.