Do you feel like there should be more to life than this?
If you do, then you’re right. And that is where Life Coaching comes in.
What is Life Coaching?
- It is a partnership whereby the Life Coach partners with a client in a “thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential”
- Life coaching helps you learn how to make choices that create an effective, balanced and fulfilling life.
In plain English, I use a number of coaching tools that I have learnt, and use in my own life, to help you clarify where you are now, what you really want from life and help you create a roadmap of goals and targets that will help you get there. When you get lost, I’m your compass to get you back or track or to help you find a different route to where you want to go. What makes coaching different is the accountability. We set goals with time-frames, so that whenever we check in, you are accountable for reaching those goals.
I believe that in order to move towards a more fulfilling, richer life, you have to let go of all the crap that is holding you back:
- Material stuff that no longer serves a purpose
- Doing too much, spreading yourself too thin
- Self-limiting beliefs (I can’t, I’m not good enough, what will people think)
- and so on
You can think of coaching like building a garden of your life. You start off by consulting an expert who helps you clarify the type of garden you want and helps you create a picture of what that looks like. You clear away what is no longer needed and create structure in the garden. Then you start planting. When you start creating your garden, you’ll start pulling out the weeds that will stifle the plants you want to grow. These weeds will come back of you don’t look after your garden. By weeding out what is stifling the growth of other things, and clearing out those weeds, you create space for other things to grow in their place. By decluttering your life, you’re creating space for what you really want.
I therefore help you to:
- identify what physical clutter is in your home, so that you can take action to reduce it. Learn what are the things that you love and what is just stuff.
- identify the clutter in your life. This comes in many forms, but whatever the cause, the result is that you are being spread too thin. Create boundaries on your time, and learn to say no.
As a consequence, when you start having less in your life, you can then start looking at what you’d like in your life. However, with coaching, YOU choose the scale and scope of what YOU can achieve. If your life were a garden, what could it look like?
What I do
My style of coaching can be summed up in 4 words: clarify, simplify, minimise, organise.
It’s your life.
Only you know what makes you happy and fulfilled.
Only you can decide what changes you need to make in your life, to get the life that you want.
Only you can take action to make that happen.
My job is to help you:
- clarify what that is
- identify a roadmap to take you where you want to be
- set realistic goals and milestones on your journey
- identify the obstacles that are stopping you
- find ways around these obstacles
The quickest way to declutter, and simplify, your life is to focus on:
- what your purpose is
- what goals will help you to achieve your purpose
- what actions will help you achieve your goals
- what values you can leverage to help keep you on track
- declutter everything else
This sound so simple and yet, for many, it is hard even to know what your purpose is. By the way, life coaching helped me discover that my true life purpose is to help other people achieve theirs!
Whether you have too much physical stuff in your home or office, or too much other stuff going on in your life, when you start focusing on what’s actually important to you, you start to minimise the things that aren’t. It’s like clicking the minimise window on our computer.
When you have less stuff in your home, it takes less time to maintain.
When you have less stuff to in your life, there is less to organise and arrange.
When there is less, you suddenly find time for the things that you want to do.
Once you’ve clarified, simplified and minimised, it’s time to get organised.
- You know your life purpose.
- You know what goals will get you there.
- You know what actions you need to take.
- You have a roadmap and a plan
So the only thing stopping you is….?
So, what do I do?
I ask questions that stop and make you REALLY think, about where you are now, where you’re headed if you don’t change and what your life could look like when you do.
I help you set and achieve the goals that will get you where you want to be.
I support you on your journey.
What I don’t do
I don’t offer advice. You’ve got different resources, skills and experiences to me.
I don’t provide solutions. That’s your job.
I don’t do the work. It’s up to you to take action to fulfill your goals.
If you think that we could work together, then give me a call.